Tuesday 30 August 2011

Cambridge Hollister Haul

On Bank Holiday Monday (August) my family decided we were going to go on a bit of a road trip, and chose the city of Cambridge to visit. We had been to the centre of Cambridge once before, where it rained, but luckily it didn't rain on this trip, rare for a bank holiday! I really like the city of Cambridge, but sorry I'm a Oxford boy at heart, and I much prefer the city of Oxford, and always route for them in the boat race, maybe its because I only like 30 minutes away from Oxford, and have grown up visiting the city all my life.

But in terms of shopping, Cambridge wins hands down on the choice available.

On Monday we went to Newmarket Road Park and Ride, where the parking is free (Something that is changing in all Oxford Park and Rides, except Thornhill, where charging will be introduced soon), the bus ticket was £2.70, if brought on the bus, but £2.40 if brought at the machine prior to boarding. But, Mum didn't have any change, typical, so we brought the ticket on the bus. The journey, just 12 minutes into the city.

We alighted at the city centre, at the bus station which is next to the new-ish Grand Arcade shopping centre, which has one of my favourite shops in, Hollister. When in Cambridge... go to Hollister?

Watch my Hollister haul to know what I brought:

I have only been in two Hollister's in my life, before Cambridge, the Westfield London store and the Milton Keynes store, but now I can add Cambridge to my list. Now I might be mistaken, but I know that the MK store has only one floor, but I'm sure the Westfield store only has one too. But I think Hollister missed an opportunity, both the MK and Westfield store could have easily been two stories. The MK store used to be a Zavvi store, and before that a Virgin Megastore, and that had a second floor.

Anywho.. the Cambridge store had a nice feature, a two story screen at the back of the store with the Huntington Beach live link, I know this in all stores, on each side of the till, where the changing rooms are, but the Cambridge store had it in the normal location, and also the screen spanning the two floors. On the Second floor, the till and the changing rooms were located, but also more clothes, and where the fragrances are located.


And a few of Cambridge:

* Did you like this review? Tell me how I can improve, and comment on any store or online stores or products you would like me to review. *

No comments:

Post a Comment