Wednesday 13 April 2011

Starbucks vs Costa vs Pret?


Which brand do you prefer?

At the moment Costa have an advertising slogan, that says that '7 out of 10 coffee lovers prefer Costa", but is this really true?

In the UK we have a wide range of coffee shops to choose from. The national chains, Starbucks, Costa, Pret, Coffee Republic, Caffe Nero and BB's. And then we have the local independents, which you can depend on for a nice slice of homemade cake. In the town where I live, we had 3 of the major chains, Costa, BB's and Coffee Republic, until recently, Coffee Republic shut up shop. But this is soon to be taken over by a new coffee house, I wonder which one? My hopes are Starbucks! But I doubt it. I went into town last week, and found Caffe Nero is coming! In my town there are soon to be no less than 4 Costa's in operation, one stand allown store, one in On the Run, one in the cinema and one in Tesco, with another stand alone store only 5 miles down the road. All of these are basically on the same street, be it a really long one! Talk about Costa Town! If Costa's claim is anything to go by, the residents of my town have no choice but to get their coffee at Costa.

I do not drink coffee personally, only a Cappuccino if forced, I much prefer a Hot Chocolate, so thats what I am basing my taste test on. Pret comes out top for me, then Costa and then Starbucks, I just do not like their hot chocolate!

So what do you think, are you a tempted by the big chains, or indulged by the independents?

Twitter
YouTube

Shh...

* Did you like this review? Tell me how I can improve, and comment on any store or online stores or products you would like me to review. *

No comments:

Post a Comment